Thursday, February 10, 2011

Phun with Photoshop

(Creativity week #24...)

I finally got Photoshop Elements! Yay! I've decided to try my hand at digital scrapbooking for Jadon's baby album, and thanks to Freda's advice, invested in the basic program. Whew! What a learning curve! I spent all day playing around with it (in between taking care of baby, of course), and, thanks to plenty of Help topics and Youtube videos, figured out some basic stuff. Check it out:
My college roommate Annie and her husband Floyd were the first to meet Jadon, as they were visiting us the day we got "the call". We went for a walk with him that night, and I got this cute picture. Unfortunately, their faces didn't show up so well, so I took another one with the flash. Of course, that then turned the background black...Enter Photoshop, where I blended their faces in with the background. I still need some practice, but I'm pretty pleased with it:

Then in the fall, I got this cute picture of Jadon at the pumpkin patch with my MOPS group. But since he wasn't sitting up too well on his own yet, I propped him up with my ugly backback, which just sort of ruins the shot. I got a few other shots, but in all of them, his face showed how much he hated posing...But with Photoshop, I was able to plop cute Jadon right in the middle of the cute pumpkins...COOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment