Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oh [shoot]!

Jadon passed a major milestone last night.
Apparently, he said his first bad word.
bummer.
Perfect time and place, too: at our small group Bible study.
Great.
I actually didn't hear it. He was playing with Molly's Disney princess castle, and pushed it off the table just as one of the guys was walking by toward the bathroom, and he's pretty sure he heard Jadon declare, "Oh [shoot]."
Yikes.
No one else was around to verify, so I'm still hoping our friend misheard Jadon. I've heard Jadon say plenty of things, but never that. But I think I know where he might have picked it up from. If it truly is in his little head, I'm sure it will come out again sooner or later, and then I get the fun task of teaching him that there are words we shouldn't use. I guess this time was going to come sooner or later. I just wish it would have been later.

No comments:

Post a Comment