Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blog World...

My son took a blissful 3 hour nap this afternoon! Did you catch that? This little boy who usually settles for a mere 30 minutes slept for 3 hours straight!!! And he did that yesterday, too. I really, really hope we're turning a corner here, and this isn't just some fleeting fluke. This week I'm trying to really work on my New Year's Goal of establishing a routine of some sort, and I'm charting his times and working on consistency, etc...and this might be proof that it's working. (That, and I'm letting him nap in our bed, which seems to be his cozy spot. Hey, if it works, who needs a crib?!)

So, what did I get done in those blissful 3 hours of time to myself? The lists of things I could do ran rampant through my head...but what I did was...waste three hours perusing decorating Blog World. I'm half-way annoyed at myself, but at the same time, it was nice. Too bad now I have all these great ideas for projects...that need to go to the end of my already lengthy project list. Oh well!

Check some of these out...

Like this heart wreath:




Or this awesome remake of old shirts:
Or these silky flowers:

Or this cute family tree (something I've been itching to do for awhile now...):
These are only the beginning of all the cool ideas I gleaned...Now I just need to do some of them!
Note to self: If I am fortunate to get some more long naps from the kiddo, I must flee the temptation of looking at more blogs and instead work on the pile of projects I already have to do (many of them are fun, too!)...We'll see how I do!




































1 comment:

  1. you're an inspiration... I like the family tree idea... like an old quilt!

    ReplyDelete