Friday, April 29, 2011

Date Night without the baby

Last night, Jim and I went on our first date night, just the two of us without Jadon. I missed my little guy, but it was great to have some one-on-one time with the hubby without getting distracted by the little guy's cute antics or appeals for attention. We dropped Jadon off with the sitter, went to Claim Jumpers for dinner (thanks to a very generous gift card from a family in our church), talked ministry and movie scripts and plans for summer over a yummy meal and of course a mud pie for dessert, then stopped by Ross on the way home to get Jim a new shirt (his idea! He never asks to go shopping, so I jumped at this one!), stopped by Target to return 2 pairs of shoes that Jadon's feet grew out of before he ever got the chance to wear them, and then I even got some grocery shopping done while Jim picked Jadon up. It was a great, productive, but relaxing evening. I don't think I'm quite ready to do it every week yet (We can still do at-home date nights with Jadon doing his thing around us...I just love being around him so much, and I feel bad that as it is we drop him off at childcare three nights a week already for church), but I think I am finally ready for a once-a-month routine...

Thanks Jim for making this happen. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment