Friday, February 1, 2013

A Little Christmas in January...

Who's with me that the Christmas season is just a little too hectic?
It's such a fun time with so many opportunities for fun activities, but there are still only 24 hours in the day, and plenty of mundane activities like laundry and cooking dinner to occupy them. Therefore, there are many fun activities left undone in our household. Like the gingerbread house kit a friend gave us.
Fast forward to this week. Trying to think of some fun things to do with Jadon to promote bonding in the midst of all the potty training stress, my eyes alighted on the gingerbread kit still sitting on our kitchen counter. Perfect! (Little did I know that it required an entire day between building the house and decorating it. Urg! But I guess that just gave us TWO days of quality time!)

Before and during the project, I had to keep reminding myself that this was about quality time, NOT a designer showpiece. Maybe that's easy for some of you guys, but for me, it was quite a challenge. But I think Jadon still managed to have fun. And the house still came out pretty decent in spite of me relinquishing some control. It turns out, Jadon's favorite part was just "painting" the house with watered down icing (he's been painting a bunch at my parents' new (old!) house).
Can you tell whose side is who's? (ooh, English teacher moment...I can't remember if it's"whose" or "who's." Ack!)







No comments:

Post a Comment