Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A moment of in[spiration][sanity]

Jadon is cutting one of his top teeth. He hasn't slept much the past 2 nights. Which means I've slept event less. Poor little guy. He's usually okay during the day, just a little more needy. Which just so happened to correspond to the moment I decided to take a shower this afternoon. The shampoo was just sudsing up my hair when his cute little face pulled up to the shower and peered in...and burst out in a full-on meltdown. He wanted to be able to see me...but when I opened the curtain up, water splashed in his face and brought on an even bigger torrent of tears. What he really needed was a hug...but that's a little hard to do when you're all wet and soapy.

I rushed through, dried off, and picked my little guy up, and he was immediately fine again, making faces at himself in our mirrored closet doors. So I started combing my hair, annoyed once again at its limp, stringy lameness. I've been talking about cutting it for awhile now, but just haven't had the guts to do so. I put it in a ponytail and tried to picture it shorter. And then in a burst of either inspiration or insanity, I pulled out the scissors and started to cut before I got squeamish. And of course, Jadon chose this moment to crawl around the corner and start hugging my legs wanting to be picked up again. But I was committed...I couldn't stop halfway. So with a crying baby clinging to my leg, I finished the chop, chop, chopping as fast as I could, and then picked him up, let him tuck (his sleepy pose), and he was promptly asleep. Poor little guy. After placing him in his crib (which he is finally great at napping in! Yay!), I went back to survey the damage. It's hard to tell until the next morning, but so far, I think I like it. Ahhhh, motherhood...

1 comment:

  1. You can't just show the remains...we want to see the new do!

    ReplyDelete